Dr. Janeen Hughes
Janeen M. Hughes, DMD, MEd, is a Board-certified Orthodontist who decided in high school that she was going to dedicate her days to helping patients feel better about themselves by improving their smiles. Her decision was based on firsthand experience that began in middle school when she was fitted with braces.
“I personally experienced the profound and positive impact that Orthodontics can have on a person,” said Dr. Hughes. “I knew it was something I wanted to pursue.”
Dr. Hughes said being a part of this profession and the ARCH family is a blessing because it allows for a personal connection to patients and their families that goes deeper than just fixing someone’s teeth.
“I love combining the art and science of Orthodontics to produce a healthy, beautiful smile, but the most fulfilling aspect of what I do is getting to know my patients and their families personally. You become a part of the community where you work and where you live based on these connections,” Dr. Hughes said. “The best part of my day is seeing the happy faces of patients and parents every time they visit us — especially when we see the end result — a beautiful smile.”
Dr. Hughes is a native of Pasadena, CA, but she’s also lived in San Diego, San Antonio, and even Japan thanks to her time in the Navy. In 2003, she was one of three dental officers from Camp Pendleton to be assigned to serve in the U.S. Marine CSSB-12 unit, a supporting battalion to the Infantry during Operation Enduring Freedom and Operation Iraqi Freedom. Dr. Hughes was the only dentist on board an amphibious ship to Kuwait and in the Gulf in 2004.
Her current home in Natick is where Dr. Hughes spends much of her free time making memories with her husband Kevin, their two daughters, Evelyn and Veronica, and a dog named Sandy.
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (Bachelor of Science in Biology)
- University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine (Doctorate of Dental Medicine)
- University of Pennsylvania Graduate School of Education (Masters in Education)
- Camp Pendleton, CA (Advanced Education in General Dentistry)
- Tri-Service Orthodontic Residency Program (Certificate in Orthodontics)
- Board certification 2007 – present
Accreditations & Affiliations
- American Board of Orthodontics
- Northeastern Society of Orthodontists
- Massachusetts Dental Society
- American Association of Orthodontists