Dr. Wendy Cohen
Boston native Wendy Cohen, DMD, MMSc, is originally from Boston but has done her fair share of traveling over the years before happily returning to New England. She joined ARCH in 2011 after one of her college mentors suggested she might be a good fit. As it turns out, her family was already part of our family as she had cousins who were patients.
She has traveled to various places around the globe including Russia, Finland, and beyond, taking note of the variety of smiles she encountered along the way. While in residency, she also received funding from Harvard University to travel to India, where she helped perform dental work on children living in an orphanage.
“I have always noticed a person’s smile — whether during my travels around the world or here at home. A nice, friendly smile always makes me feel welcome,” said Dr. Cohen.
Dr. Cohen said being an Orthodontist at ARCH is easy because of her love for patients and fellow team members.
“It’s just a good environment to work in. Everyone is so friendly, and because of this compatibility, we are able to produce a highly unique level of distinct, compassionate care that comes through in our patients’ smiles.”
Like many colleagues, Dr. Cohen’s love of her work comes from enjoying working with her hands. She considered becoming an artist or architect. But her affinity for art is not lost in orthodontics.
“There really is an artistry to what we do. We create bigger or smaller smiles depending on the esthetics of what would look best for each patient. I love creating and I love science, so this is a natural merger,” said Dr. Cohen. She enjoys helping patients find their ideal smile and is just as thrilled as they are when it’s time to finally see the end result.
“It’s always exciting when a patient has his/her braces removed and they can’t stop looking in the mirror.”
Outside the office, you’ll probably find Dr. Cohen literally outside. She enjoys hiking, swimming, jogging, and enjoying nature with friends and family.
- Tufts University (Bachelor’s of Science in Biology)
- Harvard School of Dental Medicine (Doctorate of Dental Medicine)
- Harvard School of Dental Medicine (Certificate in Orthodontics)
- Harvard School of Dental Medicine (Post-Doctoral Master of Medical Sciences in Oral Biology)
- Massachusetts General Hospital Department of Molecular Neuro-Oncology (Lab Technician)
- Dana Farber/Harvard Cancer Center Neuro-Oncology Core (Lab Technician)
- Harvard Medical School’s Paul Dudley White Traveling Fellowship
- University of Helsinki, Finland (Intensive Basic Research Project)
- Harvard School of Dental Medicine’s Department of Developmental Biology (Developed and Presented a National Health Institutes of Health Proposal)