Orthodontic Assistants help the Doctor with patients who require corrective procedures for alignment and spacing issues. They assist the Doctors in many aspects of patient care and procedures and making the patient feel more comfortable upon arrival while prepping the patient for the day’s visit.
Assistants must help Orthodontists to clearly see problems and changes within a patient’s mouth. This often requires taking x-rays of the bone structure of a patient’s jaw, as well as taking photographs of the teeth and creating molds of a patients’ bite.
They also ensure that the necessary tools are sterilized and in place, and keep a patient’s mouth clean and dry during procedures and will hand an orthodontist the necessary tools at the appropriate time.
- CDA/COA Certification – we will consider those candidates that are preparing for certification
- High School Diploma or Associate Degree from an Accredited Institution
- Experience working in a dental office
- EFDA Certification is highly desirable
- Eager, energetic, and strong sense of personal values – we are a culture of care
- Ability to travel if required, between multiple locations as needed to fill-in support
We offer a full suite of employee benefits, including:
- Medical & Dental Coverage
- 401k with company match
- CEU Reimbursement
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Paid time off including sick time, vacation, and company paid holidays
- Flexible work schedules
- Travel compensation for working in alternate locations
ARCH Orthodontics is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com with subject line: Orthodontic Assistant