Tooth-Colored Composite Fillings
Prevention is the best medicine, and avoiding dental fillings altogether is the best way to ensure a healthy smile for life. Here are a few tips that can help prevent those cavity bugs from getting the best of your little one’s smiles:
- Brush and floss for your child under two and assist your little ones to reach hard-to-get-to areas even when they are brushing on their own.
- Find a fun toothbrushing song that is two minutes long, sing your own tooth brushing song, or make up a toothbrushing dance.
- Keeping tooth brushing time fun helps ensure that the two minutes are spent really brushing and getting teeth their cleanest.
- Never let your child carry a bottle or sippy cup of milk, juice, or other sugary liquid. The constant contact of acids and sugar feeds bacteria and weakens enamel.
- Avoid sticky snacks like raisins, fruit chews, or gummies.
- Rinse your child’s mouth after administering liquid medications or vitamins.
All of these things can help keep sugars from staying on those little teeth and feeding cavity-causing bacteria.
Unfortunately, in spite of our best efforts, cavities do sometimes happen. Not to worry. Our tooth-colored composite fillings are safer and more natural-looking than the dark metal fillings of the past so your little one does not have to worry about the pain or embarrassment of a cavity. No one will know that a filling was even placed! We simply remove the decayed area, fill the prepared area with bonding material to replace the damaged enamel, and polish the surface. There is no irritating roughness or discoloration – just a smile that looks and functions the way nature intended.